?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Dead microwave

Elder daughter left a spoon in a bowl when she was heating something up. Not her fault, she didn't know. Smells nasty! though.

Edit: Apparently the microwave is fine. Well, at least it heats. Hard to believe something that smelled that bad wasn't permanently damaged!

Tags:

Comments

( 4 comments — Leave a comment )
capriciouslass
Oct. 21st, 2004 01:44 am (UTC)
The more modern microwaves can often tolerate some metal occasionally. I'll bet there were some nifty sparks though.
hearthstone
Oct. 21st, 2004 01:54 am (UTC)
That's what my daughter said. Kinda went like this:

Her: Mom, there's a bright light in the microwave flashing off and on and it's making weird noises.

Me (reading a book): Hm. Could there be any metal in it?

Her: Yeah.

Me: What?

Her: Yeah, there's a spoon in it.

Heh.

Needless to say, we found her another snack!

heimskringla
Oct. 21st, 2004 06:29 pm (UTC)
Saw your comment on Maewyn's journal, figured I'd pop over. So, hello.

I used to put CD's in the microwave to watch them crackle... I don't think I ever finished that growing up thing, and my microwave was fine until I tried to bake a potato in it and it caught on fire.
hearthstone
Oct. 22nd, 2004 06:02 pm (UTC)
Hello!

Never tried the CD thing, but it sounds entertaining :).
( 4 comments — Leave a comment )

Profile

weird story
hearthstone
Hearthstone

Latest Month

May 2017
S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031